Save the Date! March 2, 2024 | GardenFest 2024
- Native plants: Perennials, trees and shrubs
- Our Key West Native Plant Nursery will be open with Keys natives for your home and business gardening needs. Native species are adapted to our climate, use less fertilizer, pesticides and irrigation than non-native species. This bestows numerous benefits to our community health. As well, native plant species help native fauna thrive! So help our birds, butterflies and other animals by planting native!
- Ornamental plants: Orchids, flowering plants and shrubs: Come and browse the many vendors selling ornamental plants, orchids, shrubs and trees. You will find your perfect plant for your pots and planters.
- Arts & Crafts: Local vendors showcasing hand-made jewelry, paintings, wood crafts, candles, soaps, preserves, etc.
- Green products: From sustainable fiber hanging, up-cycled jewelry and found item artistry to green products for health and beauty.
- Docent Guided Tours: Garden docents will offer a 1 hour historical & informational tour of the Garden two times during the day.
- Food and Drink: Vendors will be on hand to serve specialty coffee drinks, Italian ice, sandwiches and more! Our own bartenders will mix up your favorite cocktail or offer soda and water.
- Bring the Kids: We’ll have a Nature Corner with kids activities. Our playground is always open for kids to enjoy. Or, serenade the turtles with a duet on our musical instruments at concert corner!
- Our 2023 GardenFest vendors included: Dirty South, Fig Jam, Pearls of Wisdom, Key Fillery, Zen, Keys Bees, Mama’s Garden Center, Jaunch Produce, Key West Card Shop, 3 Plant Ladies, Cockeynuts, Sun Up Island Creations, Billy Beagle, Que Vida, Knotical Creations, Nauti by Nature, Honest Alchemy, Washed Ashore, Mama Duke’s. We expect them in 2024 — and many more.
KEY WEST — Nature lovers can enjoy an exhibition and sale of rare plants, explore the unique Key West Tropical Forest & Botanical Garden and discover fine arts and crafts during the 21st Annual “GardenFest Key West: The Green Market Place 2024, on Saturday, March 2. The event is scheduled for 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., in the Garden, located at 5210 College Road. Admission is free.
Visitors can view and purchase tropical and native plants from the Garden’s Plant Nursery as well as other plant vendors. There will also be docent-guided tours, a children’s science corner, adult beverages, snacks, a silent auction and 50/50 raffle, earth-based arts and crafts with nature themes or composed of natural materials, eco-friendly products, services and exhibits by conservation-oriented non-profit organizations.
ATTENTION VENDORS: Registration ends Feb. 17. You can download a vendor registration form HERE.
Celebrating the Garden’s 88th anniversary in 2024, and one of the oldest operating attractions in Key West, the Key West Botanical Garden Society is proud to be able to continue this important community event.
The Garden is home to many threatened and endangered species, the rich and diverse environment features two wetland habitats, two butterfly gardens, national and state champion trees, birds, butterflies, art, musical instruments and much more. As a living museum with twelve self-guided tours, the garden offers visitors an opportunity to step back in time and experience the Keys in a natural, protected conservation habitat.
Download the Vendor Registration Form HERE
All GardenFest activities are to be held outside.
We are grateful for our sponsors: