Lower Keys Fall Migration Mania 2020
KEY WEST – The Lower Keys Fall Migration Mania – Birding and Wildlife Adventure will take place at the Key West Tropical Forest & Botanical Garden on Saturday, Sept. 26 and Sunday, Sept. 27, 2020 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Join the flock and explore the natural wonder of the annual migration inside the tropical forest with birding guide Mark Hedden; and, Taylor Hunt, your butterfly guide. Or simply explore the beauty and morning peacefulness in Garden during the Early Bird Walk, a self-guided tour for you and your family or friends. The butterfly and birding guided tours are offered on Saturday only. The Early Bird Walk is offered both Saturday and Sunday.
For the 12th year, learn as you enjoy the wonders of the annual migration at one of the Lower Keys iconic bird and butterfly hot spots. The Garden is located at 5210 College Road on Stock Island, Key West, FL.
What you need to know:
Location: Both days of Migration Mania will be at the Key West Tropical Forest & Botanical Garden. The National Key Deer Refuge, our partner, remains closed due to Covid-19.
Guided tour group size: The Hedden and Hunt guided tours are limited to 15 participants each to comply with Covid-19 protocols. Advance registration is encouraged.
Guided tours with Hedden and Hunt are offered on Saturday only.
Self-guided tour group size: The Early Bird Walk welcomes you individually or with small family-and-friends groups. Please limit your group to 10. Advance registration is encouraged if you may be including a group.
Advance registration encouraged: Call 305-296-1504. You can register and pay at the gate but remember that the guided tour group sizes are limited to 15. Registration is first-come-first-served.
- $10 per person for the Hedden bird watching tour. Includes Garden admission for both Saturday and Sunday.
- $10 per person for the Hunt butterfly watching tour. Includes Garden admission for both Saturday and Sunday.
- $10 per person for the Early Bird Walk. Includes Garden admission for both Saturday and Sunday.
- Pay at the gate when you arrive. Advance registration strongly encouraged. Call 305-296-1504
- Migration Mania is free to Key West Botanical Garden Society members. Advance registration is encouraged.
Covid-19 policies: Face coverings required at all times. Social distancing protocols in place; you should stay at least six feet apart. Tour groups are limited to 15; personal groups are limited to 10.
Thanks to our sponsors:
Migration Mania Tours
- 8 a.m. - 9 a.m.
- Early Bird Walk (self-guided)
- Includes Garden admission for both days. Wander at your leisure on Saturday or Sunday or both!
- 9 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Guided Birding Tour (Saturday only)
- Explore the natural wonder of the annual migration inside the tropical forest along with Mark Hedden of the Florida Keys Audubon Society, writer, photographer and birding guide. Includes Garden admission for both days.
- 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Guided Butterfly Tour (Saturday only)
- Discover and identify the butterflies of the Florida Keys with Taylor Hunt, University of Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission and butterfly technician for Miami Blue Butterfly Research and Conservation. Includes Garden admission for both days.