Nature Is Art Workshop
Love taking photographs of our spectacular Keys environment? How about the lovely walks back home through wooded forests? No matter where you live, nature provides wonderful opportunities to flex your photography muscles. And Kristie Killam is ready to share tips, tools and techniques for improving your skills.
Beginning on Saturday, Feb. 17, Kristie, a retired U.S. Fish and Wildlife park ranger, and the Key West Tropical Forest & Botanical Garden will offer three workshops, including a personalized one-on-one session with Kristie. Kristie is a biologist, a nature photographer and a teacher.
WHEN AND WHAT:
- 9 a.m., Saturday, Feb. 17, in the Garden: Introduction to your camera with hands-on review of equipment and a nature tour for in-field practice to learn how to select your subject and how to use the best techniques.
- Saturday, March 9, in the Garden: Follow-up workshop for photography review with group review of photos, subject selection, editing and printing techniques.
- Customized, one-on-one workshop with Kristie to transform your photos into show-ready art that will be showcased in our April Art Gallery.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Registration is required: Contact Misha McRAE at email@example.com for a registration for or call him at 305-296-1501 for details.
- Cost per person: $25
- Workshop is limited to 25 participants.
SPONSORED IN PART BY:
- Florida Arts & Culture
- The Florida Keys and Key West