Interested in learning more about the complex and fascinating environmental world of Key West and the Florida Keys? Then join us each month for our Speaker Series. Each one-hour workshop begins at 1:30 p.m., in The Nature Chapel.
Admission is $5 for non-members. Free for garden members!
Here’s the tentative 2021-2022 Speakers Series line-up:
- 12-18-2021: Michelle Leonard-Mularz, Monroe County Extension Service | Planting for Polinators
- 1-15-2022: Karen DeMaria, City of Key West Arborist | Status of the Trees in Key West
- 2-19-2022: Dr. Cori Convertito, Curator Key West Art & Historical Society | History of the US Navy in the Keys
- 3-19-2022: Mark Hedden, Local Bird Expert | The Birds of Key West
- 4-16-2022: Dr. John Bratten, University of West Florida | The Cuban Chugs
- 5-21-2022: Taylor Hunt, US Fish and Wildlife Field Technician | Biodiversity and Butterflies
Be sure to come early for the Native Plant Sale! From 9 a.m.-noon, we offer more than 150 species of butterfly- and bird-attracting native, rare and endangered plants propagated and available in the Botanical Garden Nursery. A great way to create your customized Key West garden — and support the Key West Tropical Forest and Botanical Garden, too.