Speaker Series 2021-2022
Interested in learning more about the complex and fascinating environmental world of Key West and the Florida Keys? Then join us the third Saturday of each month for our Speaker Series. Each one-hour workshop begins at 1:00 p.m., in The Nature Chapel.
Admission is $5 for non-members. Free for garden members!
Here’s the tentative 2021-2022 Speakers Series line-up:
- 12-18-2021: Michelle Leonard-Mularz, Monroe County Extension Service | Planting for Pollinators
- 1-15-2022: Misha McRAE, Key West Tropical Forest & Botanical Garen | Then and Now: 85 Year History of the Key West Tropical Forest & Botanical Garden
- 2-19-2022: Dr. Cori Convertito, Curator Key West Art & Historical Society | History of the US Navy in the Keys
- 3-19-2022: Mark Hedden, Local Bird Expert | The Birds of Key West
- 4-16-2022: Dr. John Bratten, University of West Florida | The Cuban Chugs
- 5-21-2022: Taylor Hunt, US Fish and Wildlife Field Technician | Biodiversity and Butterflies
Be sure to come early for the Native Plant Sale! From 9 a.m.-noon, we offer more than 150 species of butterfly- and bird-attracting native, rare and endangered plants propagated and available in the Botanical Garden Nursery. A great way to create your customized Key West garden — and support the Key West Tropical Forest and Botanical Garden, too.
Speakers subject to change.