- Go to occurrence page
- Feb 15 2020
- 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Interested in learning more about the complex and fascinating environmental world of Key West and the Florida Keys? Then join us each month for our Speaker Series. Each one-hour workshop begins at 1:30 p.m., in The Nature Chapel.
Admission is $5 for non-members. Free for garden members!
Here’s the complete 2019-2020 Speakers Series line-up:
- 12-21-2019: Sarah Fangman | The Restoration Blue Print: Proposals to address the challenges of the Florida Keys Marine Ecosystem
- 1-18-2020: Karen DeMaria | The New State Tree Law and its impact on the city’s permitting and mitigation efforts
- 2-15-2020: Robyn Mayer | Decline of the bird population in the United States
- 3-21-2020: Alison Higgins | Energy efficiency and solar solutions in the Keys
- 4-18-2020: Michelle Leonard-Mularz | Advantages of using native plants in your garden
- 5-16-2020: Jake Farnum | Cooperative agricultural pest survey: Monitoring for exotic pests of plants in southeast Florida
Be sure to come early for the Native Plant Sale! From 9 a.m.-noon, we offer more than 150 species of butterfly- and bird-attracting native, rare and endangered plants propagated and available in the Botanical Garden Nursery. A great way to create your customized Key West garden — and support the Key West Tropical Forest and Botanical Garden, too.